Dictionary Definition- Images that actively engage ones senses and may create an altered mental state.
Also an immersive experience??- VIRTUAL REALITY- A technology that enables a person to interact with a computer simulated environment, be it based on a real or imagined place.
- immersive using the space, environment, sound, and visuals
- scale/ architectural
- Breaks the barriers between the art and the viewer
- completes the work
- different elements working together
- alternative focus points or perspectives
- how does a museum get over the physical barriers?
- 3D printers enable replicas of archives, therefore allowing people to get an idea of what it would be like to physically hold the item
- difference between immersive and interactive
- meditation- Doug Wheeler- Synthetic dessert
- Rain Room(2012) – MoMa
- Laura Owens- Sadie cole HQ- paintings combined with an optional audio. In this case the sound enhances art that already there.
- Fiona Tan- Ghost Dwellings
- Great Expectations
- Eraserhead- the dinner- David Lynch
- Banqueting House- The Last Palace
- Punch Drunk