- Tillmans was born in 1968, Germany
- He won the Turner Prize in 2000, (He was the first photographer to do this)
- Now lives and works in London
- exhibited his first abstract and damaged pictures as a Parkett edition in 1998
- They were true darkroom mistakes and experiments
- Particularly interested in the chemical foundations of photographic material.
I am a fan of Tillmans work as I think the method of letting the medium dictate the outcome is calming yet at the same time very intriguing as each outcome is completely different and unique. Nothing is predictable.